Monday, November 03, 2008

World of Goo

On a whim, we picked up the Wii Ware downloadable game World Of Goo.  What a great find!  I have played it more than several of the "store bought" games in shrink wrap.  For 1-4 players, WoG is a puzzle game at its heart with cute graphics and an odd story thrown in for good measure.  I hope Nintendo will release some expansion levels for this one.

One irksome thing with Nintendo that this game brought to light is the inability for my Wii to get completely out to the Internet.  Apparently I can get Web stuff and Machine updates but it is no go on game play for Mario Kart and some of the Network features of WoG.  I just recently changed my firewall from IPCop to Smoothwall to solve similar problems with XBox Live!  Nintendo apparently wants me to reduce my protection even more, sigh.  So if anyone has had any luck getting their Wii *fully* connected to the Internet using a free hardware based firewall (pfSense, maybe?) please let me know...

No comments: