Thursday, January 08, 2009

iTouch First Impressions

Since my wonderful wife got me an iTouch for Christmas I am going
through the process of replacing my Palm TX as my main device. So far
the Touch has really impressed me.

Things I miss:
Datebk5 - I have yet to be able to get my Calender in some form on the
Touch. I wish it would support Google Calendars!!!
PDA Cookbook - I haven't found a compelling replacement yet.
DragonEdit - Editing my web site offline and then uploading it later
when I am connected is probably a no-go on the Touch.
Connection to my Bluetooth GPS (I haven't looked to see if there are
Wireless GPS units yet)

Things I don't miss:
*Palm Resets*
Hacks to make the OS work the way it should!

Things that are much better on the Touch:
Web Browsing
Speed & Simplicity
Watching Videos and playing music
YouTube
eReading - This rivals the Zodiac for reading eBooks!

Things they could improve:
Battery Life

More on this as I continue my transition.

No comments: