Friday, March 03, 2006

Palm Hardware

Let's start with my Palm Hardware:

Handhelds
Handspring Visor Platinum - Very nice Palm, I just outgrew it. Very reliable, it still works.
Palm m505 - Not bad, my sister uses this one now. Once I got the Zod though, I couldn't go back.
Tapwave Zodiac 2 - I loved and hated it. So many nice features, just not very reliable and it had too many quirks. Excellent for gaming!
Zire 72 - So far, so good. I like this little powerhouse. The only wishes would be for more memory and a larger screen.

Accessories
Motorola v710 CelPhone - I use this to connect to the Internet or work via BlueTooth. It works fairly well but is somewhat slow. I never could get the SMS program to work with this phone.

Belkin GPS - One of my favorite BlueTooth gadgets. I use this all the time with Mapopolis and PathAway. It is tiny and sits nicely on the dashboard.

Zoom Modem - Occasionally I will use this to connect to the Internet while traveling. Connecting to RoadRunner with it is faster than using the Motorola.

Belkin BlueTooth Access Point - I use this all the time at home. It is much faster than using dial-up. Range is fair and reliability is excellent.

Universal Wireless Keyboard - I don't use this as much as I thought I would even though it works well. I also have an old StowAway that would connect directly to a Handspring Visor which was more comfortable for typing. One of the major problems with the keyboard with the Palm is that most applications are not designed for keyboard input. You usually need to get out the stylus for certain operations.

Boxwave VersaCharger - Can't seem to get this to kick off a full charge cycle yet, it will only trickle charge.

Boxwave Battery Adapter for miniSync - This is very cool, it lets me charge anywhere and seems to work very well with the Zire.

Bowave miniSync - An easy adapter that lets me plug into almost any PC and transfer files with Card Export.

Styra Pen/Stylus - I love having the pen with me all the time. Feels good in the hand.

Sena Zire 72 Case - The first case I ever bought for a Palm device. I love this case, it is slim, allows me to carry two extra sd cards and has an optional belt clip. Well worth the money.

No comments: