Tuesday, November 23, 2010

nook 1.5

The nook Firmware update 1.5 came out today!  First impressions, I like it, much faster page turning.  I also like the bookmark syncing across devices although that means I need to keep the WiFi on.  The Bookshelf idea is a step in the right direction, but it would be nice if the shelf showed all of the documents in one place not B&N purchases separate from side-loaded documents.  It would be nice to password protect individual books in addition to password options for the unit itself.  The Web Browser lost the "beta" tag but I haven't played with it enough to notice anything different.  Supposedly the battery life has been improved as well.

A side note:   The Android app is nice but huge, I think it may be the largest app I have on my Droid.  It was updated as well.  Since they both sync bookmarks, I may use it more often.


No comments: