Thursday, July 14, 2016

Builders Remorse In Online Games

Why is it so hard to quit Clash of Clans? I think it is difficult to delete that game and others like it because the time investment is so visible. Everytime you go into the game you see what you have built and are reminded of how long it took to get there. Ongoing “building” games differ than other games in that reguard, nostalgia sucks you back in so easily. You lie to yourself - Well, I can keep the game around just in case I want to go back to it sometime… Then over time the icon just sits there… mocking you. “Your town needs a leader!” whispers CoC. What, I thought I shut those notifications off? Well, maybe just a few minutes to clean up my town and re-arm my defenses. Sigh. Delete the app. It’s the only way to really be free.



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2a0OToR

No comments: